Amy Louise Acker born December 5, 1976 is an American actress.
Acker was born and raised in Dallas, to a homemaker mother and a lawyer father.She graduated from Lake Highlands High School in Dallas. She subsequently earned a bachelor's degree in theater from Southern Methodist University.
In her junior year of college, Acker modeled for J. Crew's catalog. In 1999, she was nominated for a Leon Rabin award for "Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Lead Role" for her performance in the play Thérèse Raquin. She received a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in the same year. She worked as a stage actress for several seasons, including a stint at American Players Theatre in Spring Green, Wisconsin.
Acker made her major television debut when she starred as Winifred "Fred" Burkle on the second through fifth seasons of Angel and also as the character of Illyria for part of the show's fifth and final season. She won the 2003 Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress on Television for her portrayal.
In 2005, she joined the cast of Alias for its final season, playing the villainous character Kelly Peyton. Acker graduated from guest star to fully credited cast member as the show entered the final episodes in April and May 2006.
Acker guest starred on fellow Buffyverse actress Alyson Hannigan's show How I Met Your Mother, in which she was reunited with Angel co-star Alexis Denisof (Hannigan's real-life husband), who had a recurring role on the show.
In 2010, she was a series regular in the ABC drama Happy Town, portraying the character Rachel Conroy. Also in 2010, she starred in the season-one finale of the Fox series Human Target, as the mysterious Katherine Walters. On May 25, 2010, she appeared on CBS's The Good Wife. She appeared in the horror movie The Cabin in the Woods, released April 13, 2012. On May 18, 2012 she appeared on CBS's Person of Interest in the season one finale cliffhanger, the subsequent season two premiere and second episode, and the 16th episode of the season, entitled "Booked Solid". Also in 2012, she revisited the science fiction and fantasy genres that had brought her to prominence, with guest performances in Warehouse 13, Once Upon A Time, and Grimm.Acker with her husband, James Carpinello in 2005
On April 25, 2003, Acker and actor James Carpinello were married in California. On January 22, 2005 she gave birth to a son, Jackson James Carpinello, and on September 1, 2006 to a daughter, Ava Grace.
- 21 and a Wake-Up.(2008) Caitlin Murphy
- Fire & Ice: The Dragon Chronicles.(2008) Princess Luisa
- A Near Death Experience.(2008) Ellie/Elly
- Mr. Dramatic.(2005) Jodi
- The Novice.(2004) Jill
- Catch Me If You Can.(2002) Miggy
- Groom Lake.(2002) Kate
- The Accident.(2001) Nina
- Dollhouse (2009) - Dr. Claire Saunders
- Private Practice (2008) (1 episode - "A Family Thing") - Molly
- Ghost Whisperer (2007) (1 episode - "Weight of What Was") - Tessa
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2007) (1 episode - "Smile") - Leslie LeZard
- Drive (2007) - Kathryn Tully
- Alias (2005 - 2006) (12 episodes) - Kelly Peyton
- How I Met Your Mother (2006) - Penelope
- Justice League Unlimited (2005 - 2006) (4 episodes - voiceover) - Huntress
- Supernatural (2005) - Andrea Barr
- Angel (2001 - 2004) (70 episodes) - Winifred "Fred" Burkle / Illyria
- Return to the Batcave: The Misadventures of Adam and Burt (2003) - Kathy Kersh
- Special Unit 2 (2001) - Nancy
- To Serve and Protect (1999) (miniseries) - Melissa Jorgensen
- Wishbone (1995 - 1997) - various characters
[-This article/section is a Stub
This article/section is short and lacking information. You can help women Wiki by expanding it.-]