Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous (also known as Miss Congeniality 2 or Miss Congeniality: Armed and Fabulous) is a 2005 comedy film directed by John Pasquin, starring Sandra Bullock. It is a sequel to the 2000 film Miss Congeniality.
Bullock, who also produced the film, commented during the film's promotion on the type of story she wanted to tell:
- I want women to be able to do the same thing that men get to do in comedies and say, 'That's a comedy.' Why does it always have to be a romantic comedy? Why does the girl have to end up with the guy? Why can't it be a buddy film?
Three weeks after the events of the first film, FBI agent Gracie Hart (Sandra Bullock) has become a celebrity after she infiltrated a beauty pageant on her last assignment. Her fame results in her cover being blown while she is trying to prevent a bank heist.
To capitalize on the publicity, the FBI decide to make Gracie the new "face" of the FBI; Gracie, who is hurt after being dumped by her boyfriend, fellow Agent Eric Matthews (who is relocated to Miami in the movie), agrees to the reassignment. The movie flashes forwards ten months, and she begins appearing on morning television giving out fashion advice and promoting her book.
However, when Cheryl (Heather Burns), Miss United States and Gracie's friend, and Stan Fields (William Shatner) are kidnapped in Las Vegas, Gracie is prompted to return to her old ways. She goes undercover to try to rescue them, accompanied by her bodyguard Sam Fuller (Regina King). This puts her at odds with the FBI, as they are unwilling to lose their mascot and are unsure if she's still up to the tasks.
- Sandra Bullock — Gracie Hart
- Regina King — Sam Fuller
- Enrique Murciano — Jeff Foreman
- William Shatner — Stan Fields
- Ernie Hudson — Harry McDonald
- Heather Burns — Cheryl Frasier
- Diedrich Bader — Joel
- Treat Williams — Walter Collins
- Abraham Benrubi — Lou Steele
- Nick Offerman — Karl Steele
- Eileen Brennan — Carol Fields
- Elisabeth Röhm — Janet
- Leslie Grossman — Pam
- Lusia Strus — Janine
- Molly Gottlieb — Priscilla
- Dolly Parton — Herself
- Christopher Ford — Jason
- Regis Philbin — Himself
- Joy Philbin — Herself
- Octavia Spencer— Herself